TEC Trimix Diver
For the extreme diver ready to further explore the world of technical deep diving, the gas of choice is trimix – a blend of oxygen, helium and nitrogen.
The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see.
Prerequisites: You must:
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years)
- Be certified as a Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 150 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
The course: The PADI Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres/165 feet. Diving with trimix is the outer edge of tec diving – the maximum depth for using this technology has yet to be defined.
This course is for Tec 50 or Tec Trimix 65 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends your depth range capabilities by training you to use trimix (a blend of helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
• Plan and execute between three to eight dives (depending upon whether you enter the course as a Tec 50 diver or Tec Trimix 65 diver) using EANX and trimix blends
• Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
• Make training dives as deep as 90 metres/300feet
Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
Materials: Tec Trimix Diver Crew- Pack - all required materials including: manual, deep stop calculation table, trimix decal and emergency procedures slate. Topics covered include: